Our Dial Prezi template works with any message that has a beginning, middle and end, (which should be all), but is highly effective as a progress-type presentation. Use the needle to track progress through your presentation, helping your audience to follow and engage with your story.
To give the effect of the needle moving to point to the next section, you have a couple of options. You can add the assets to different frames, with the needle in the correct position for the progress of the presentation and path.
The other option is to fade the needle out and animate it to re-appear. Officially, you can’t fade things out in Prezi Classic, but you can do a simple work-around if you think of using layers. You just need to be a little creative.
Fade things out
It doesn’t really fade out, it’s just that:
- I created a rectangular ‘patch’ in the same colour as the background. (I used shapes within Prezi)
- Inserted the patch into the same frame as the original image I was going to cover.
- I animated the patch to fade in after the original image, and the effect is that it fades in, then fades out.
- I then made sure that the patch was in front (on top) of the image to be covered. As long as it’s in the frame the object can be animated and then positioned. I always find it easier to animate first, and then move into position, as you can see where the objects are and select them easily.
- You can then add more content on top of the patch and continue your presentation from there.
- Repeat as necessary.
Here’s a very short example:
As always you can adapt and have fun with your template, tailoring it to suit your specific needs and branding.
When designing templates, we always have the 3 Act Speech Structure in mind, to help you create a well organised, structured and memorable presentation. As always, you can use them as you want, and over and over again.
I hope you enjoy this template, along with our others. We are always interested to hear how you have used them!